Families & Individuals Resources
Through large-scale coordinated projects, or spur-the-moment opportunities, there are many ways to “give back” during BSA’s Summer of Service. Choose an idea and go for it! If your council or OA Lodge is doing a large project, join in! If you prefer to do something as an individual or family, that’s great! Get creative and find an idea that is right for you. Together, with each of us giving back in our own ways, we’ll make a tremendous impact on the communities we serve.
When in doubt, ask! If you have questions about the appropriateness of a service project, talk with your unit leader. Unit leadership will be able to provide guidance as needed.
It’s simple! Get involved in a few easy steps!
- Find a way to serve others – Whether it’s a spur-the-moment opportunity or a planned project, there are many ways to serve.
- Do your project or activity – April 1 – October 31
- Show your Scout Spirit – Post about your service on social media…and tag others to do the same! Use hashtag #SummerOfService.
- Tell us about what you did – Click the button below to tell us about your service! We’ll add your hours to the amazing national impact!
- Celebrate! – Print certificates and order patches to commemorate your service!
When you’re ready to commemorate your service, print certificates and order patches here!