Every Scout Deserves a Trained Leader
If you had a magic wand, would you use it to make the Scouting program better and more fun for youth so they stayed in Scouting longer, so it had a larger impact on their lives? What if the same magic wand made leadership roles easier, more rewarding, and led to better retention among adult leaders? Would using that magic wand be a top priority?
Well, such a magic wand does exist—in the form of the learning programs for leaders in the Boy Scouts of America.
Common sense tells us that training is important, and research shows the importance of trained leaders. A trained leader is knowledgeable and more confident in the role being performed. Trained leaders exhibit a knowledge and confidence that is picked up by people around them. Trained leaders impact the quality of programs, leader tenure, youth tenure, safety, and a whole lot more. A trained leader is better prepared to make the Scouting program all it can be!
These pages contain many of the “magic wands” and resources. Scout them out!
Register now (look under “Quicklinks” on this page) for some exciting volunteer events to be held at Scouting U Westlake Campus.
- Youth Protection Training Recommended Modules Now Available on the BSA Learn Center
The safety and well-being of our youth is of paramount importance to our organization, and integral to everything we do. We must always continue our commitment to providing a safe and secure environment for all our youth members.
To further your knowledge in protecting youth we have released additional recommended online training modules covering the following Youth Protection topics:
• Physical abuse,
• Emotional abuse,
• Neglect, and
• Impact of violence in the home.
The Youth Protection Training – RECOMMENDED learning plans are available in both English and Spanish and available on through the BSA Learn Center.
- Spanish Version of IOLS
- Scouting U Course Flyers
- Winter 2019 Issue of the Training Times
- Troop Committee Challenge
- Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Sea Scouting and Exploring Position Trained Requirements
- Cubmaster and Assistant Cubmaster Position-Specific Training (Spanish)
- Den Leader Position-Specific Training (Spanish)
- Pack Committee Challenge (Spanish)
- Scoutmaster Position-Specific Training (Spanish)
- New Leadership Development Series
- Introduction to the BSA Learn Center