As commissioners, we share the BSA’s mission: To prepare young people to make ethical and moral choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law.
Every member of the BSA has a great Scouting experience.
- Supporting unit growth and retention through the journey to excellence.
- Contacting units and capturing in commissioner tools their strengths, needs, and a unit service plan that enables continuing improvement.
- Linking unit needs to district operating committee and other resources.
- Supporting timely unit, district, and council charter renewals.
- Supporting unit leaders by collecting and distributing information, enabling program training, and providing networking opportunities.
- Enable an increased number of units.
- Enable the retention rate of units.
- Enable implementation of a unit service plan through collaborative detailed assessments and an increased number of significant unit contacts.
- The Unit Roadmap
- New Member Coordinators
- Unit Key 3
- The Unit Service Plan
- Journey to Excellence
- My.Scouting Tools (Including Commissioner Tools)
- Continuous Recruiting
- Assigning Resources to Greatest Needs
Retention Mission Statement
The retention mission of the commissioner corps is best achieved by providing an adequate number of trained unit commissioners who provide a link to district committee resources in support of a quality unit program.