Unit Service will enable units to better serve more youth by providing an adequate number of trained commissioners who provide a link to District Operating Committee and other resources in support of a quality unit program.
The mission of Unit Service is to help units better serve more youth through scouting.
- Supporting unit growth and retention through the Journey to Excellence.
- Contacting units and capturing in commissioner tools their strengths, needs, and a unit service plan that enables continuing improvement.
- Linking unit needs to District Operating Committee and other resources.
- Supporting timely unit, district and council charter renewals.
- Supporting unit leaders by delivering effective roundtables that provide program ideas, relationship development, and timely communication.
- Enable an increased number of traditional units.
- Enable the retention rate of traditional units.
- Enable implementation of a unit service plan through collaborative detailed assessments and an increased number of significant unit contacts.
- The UPG Methodology
- New Member Coordinators
- Unit Key 3
- The Unit Service Plan
- Journey to Excellence
- My.Scouting Tools (Including Commissioner Tools)
- Continuous Recruiting
- Assigning Resources to Greatest Needs
Retention Mission Statement
The retention mission of the commissioner corps is best achieved by providing an adequate number of trained unit commissioners who provide a link to district committee resources in support of a quality unit program.