National Statement on COVID-19
The safety of our Scouts, volunteers, employees and communities is our top priority.
Our response to the COVID-19 pandemic continues to be informed by expertise from agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
We expect everyone in Scouting to follow the measures listed below, which are based on CDC guidance. Members, staff, and volunteers must also follow all federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial rules and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance. In addition, we have instructed local councils to consult with their local and state health departments, as well as local chartered partners, in order to implement appropriate protocols to help keep members, volunteers, and employees safe.
- Isolate if you are sick, and do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you, anyone you live with, or anyone you have recently been around feels unwell.
- Do not attend any activity/meeting/event if you or anyone you live with has been tested for COVID-19 or another illness and does not have the results back yet.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, wear a face covering or mask that covers your nose and mouth and stay at least 6 feet apart from people you don’t live with.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Until further notice, international travel is not considered an official Scouting Activity.
As always, please exhibit the Scout Oath and Law as we continue to navigate a safe return to the activities we enjoy.