Qualifications: Is an older Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, or Venturer. Selected by the senior patrol leader and Scoutmaster, Varsity Scout Coach, or Venturing Advisor at the request of the Cubmaster. Approved by the Cubmaster and pack committee for recommendation to the den leader. Registered as a youth member of a troop, team, or crew.
Responsibilities: The Cub Scout den chief’s responsibilities are to
- Know the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Help Cub Scouts achieve the purposes of Cub Scouting.
- Serve as the activities assistant at den meetings.
- Set a good example through attitude and uniforming.
- Be a friend to the boys in the den.
- Help lead weekly den meetings.
- Help the den in its part of the monthly pack meeting.
- Know the importance of the monthly theme and pack meeting plans.
- Meet regularly with the den leader to review den and pack meeting plans. Meet as needed with adult members of the den, pack, and troop.
- Receive training from the den leader (and Cubmaster or assistant Cubmaster) and attend Den Chief Training.
- Encourage Cub Scouts to become Webelos Scouts when they are eligible.
- Help the denner and assistant denner to be leaders.