THE OUTDOOR ETHICS GUIDE PERFORMS SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Explains to Scouts the relevant requirements for the Tenderfoot, Second Class, and First Class ranks.
- Demonstrates how to practice the Outdoor Code, and the Leave No Trace and Tread Lightly! principles to meet advancement requirements.
- Helps the troop plan and conduct an outdoor program that effectively practices outdoor ethics.
- Mentors den chiefs in the Outdoor Code and practicing Leave No Trace Principles for Kids.
- Helps Life Scouts understand, plan, and carry out activities or projects meeting conservation service hour requirements.
- Encourages Scouts and leaders to complete the Outdoor Ethics Awareness and Action awards.
- Uses tools to evaluate how well he carried out the responsibilities of outdoor ethics guide.
You can download the Outdoor Ethics Guide Handbook, here.