Philmont Training Center
The national commissioner conferences that take place each summer at the Philmont Training Center near Cimarron, New Mexico, offer commissioners:
- A mountaintop training conference with a top-flight faculty
- The inspiring ambiance of a big sky sunset over a working ranch in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains
- Family programs for all age groups from nursery through adult so the whole family benefits
- Recreation and personal time in an area rich in history and natural beauty
- A week of Scouting fellowship
Registration information for the following courses will be available soon:
Applying Technology in Unit Service Impact Session
Are you comfortable using the scouting technology tools available to you? Do you know how to collect and access the information needed to develop a unit service plan? Are you comfortable teaching how to use these tools to unit leaders and commissioner team members?
This impact session is a “hands-on” opportunity to learn from members of the national commissioner support staff and other top-quality faculty. You get an overview of the technology and the value of the technology plus how to put it to work. This is more than Commissioner Tools. Topics include Scoutbook, Member Manager, Training Manager.
Friday, August 23, 2019 through Sunday, August 25, 2019
Camp Belzer, Crossroads of America Council
6102 Boy Scout Road
Indianapolis, IN 46226
Delivering a Great College of Commissioner Science Impact Session
Colleges of Commissioner Science are a great way to develop commissioners, keep them current with the latest news and give them networking opportunities.
This impact session offers an opportunity to learn and identify best practices for delivering a College of Commissioner Science. You will learn how to plan, recruit and execute a College, come to know what resources are available, and identify other commissioners with expertise in delivering great colleges who will become resources to you and your team.
Friday, October 4, 2019 through Sunday, October 6, 2019
Sam Houston Area Council
2225 N Loop West
Houston Texas 77008-1311
Recruiting and Engaging Commissioners Impact Session
Do you have enough commissioners today? Do you have a pipeline of new commissioners preparing to serve the new girl packs, replace retiring commissioners and meet the future need to serve girl troops? And we also need to ask if you have enough roundtable commissioners?
This impact session offers an opportunity to:
- Learn and identify best practices to develop a recruiting plan
- Increase accountability for a recruiting plan, identify potential candidates
- Develop an approach to each candidate that increases the chance for success
- Know what to do when the answer isn’t “yes,” what to do when the answer is “yes”
- Create an expanded network of Scouting resource
Friday, November 1, 2019 through Sunday, November 3, 2019
ROGER S. FIRESTONE SCOUTING RESOURCE CENTER
1485 Valley Forge Road
Wayne, PA 19087
Florida Sea Base Conference Center
January 2020 at the Sea Base in the Florida Keys
Week 1: Jan. 12-18:
- Applying Technology in Unit Service
Week 2: Jan. 19-25