- The requirements for the Venturing Award must be completed before starting on the requirements for the Discovery, Pathfinder, and Summit Awards.
- Unless otherwise stated, requirements for the Discovery, Pathfinder, and Summit Awards and other Venturing recognitions may be completed at any time after joining a crew.
- BSA training courses specified in the Venturing requirements (NYLT, etc.) may be taken either while a Venturer or while a registered member of another BSA program (Boy Scouting, Varsity Scouting, Sea Scouting).
- Third-party trainings/certifications (such as Red Cross first aid training) earned while a registered member of another BSA program may be used to satisfy Venturing requirements so long as the training/certification is current at the time of applying it to the Venturing requirements.
- Activities completed to satisfy the requirements of the Venturing, Discovery, Pathfinder, or Summit Awards may be also used to satisfy the requirements of the TRUST, Ranger, and Quest Awards.
- The capstone service project designed and led by Summit Award candidates must be a different service project than one carried out for the Eagle Scout Award, the Sea Scout Quartermaster Award, or the Girl Scout Gold Award.