Senior Scouting (excluding Sea Scouting) has had an official place in the Boy Scouts of America since 1933. Over the years, this program has been known by many different names including: Exploring and Explorer Scouting, Air Scouting, Rover Scouting, Troop Alumni, Senior Scouting in the Troop, Press Club, Knights of the Dumanis, Senior Degree Honor Society, and others. Since 1998, the non-career-orientated senior scouting program of the Boy Scouts of America has been identified as, “Venturing.”
Purpose of the Venturing Alumni Network
We have developed a Venturing alumni affinity group, operated by a subcommittee of the National Venturing Committee, and supported by the Boy Scouts of America, Venturing BSA, and the Scouting Alumni and Friends, to service and support the alumni of the Venturing program, help them find purpose, empower them to reconnect and reengage, and retain all those positively impacted by the Venturing program.
- Identify past (& current) youth and adult members that were (or still) involved in Venturing
- Establish opportunities for fellowship and social engagement
- Secure and grow financial support for Scouting
- Rekindle the memories from their time spent in the program
- Reengage former or inactive members with Scouting
- Provide opportunities to leverage professional skills and talents to support and grow Scouting
- Recruit additional adults to support Venturing and Scouting on all levels
Calling all current and past youth and adult members of Venturing, pre-1998 Exploring, and other Senior Scouting organizations as noted earlier! Sign up below for an electronic newsletter and directory access once registered.