Special Call Signs

If you have an existing amateur radio call sign for your Scout camp or a club call sign, you’ll no doubt want to use that call sign for your event. However, special ham radio call signs can also be used for your JOTA event or other Radio Scouting events. Two possibilities are the 1×1 call signs or the K2BSA call sign that has been in operation at national BSA events, including the jamboree.

To use either of these call signs, you’ll need to request their use for the dates of your event and receive permission prior to the event.

For K2BSA, you can make the request at https://k2bsa.net

For 1×1 call signs, such as K3S, you can make the request at www.1x1callsigns.org/.

Both sites offer further insight into the use of the call signs.