We are excited to announce an updated memorandum of understanding (MOU) has been completed between the American Red Cross (ARC) and the Boy Scouts of America (BSA). The update strengthens and expands the existing relationship with additional services available to the BSA’s local councils, including units at a discount via Full-Service Training agreements as well as the more traditional Authorized Provider agreements for Scouters who are already ARC instructors or want to become one to teach Scouts or Scouters.
In 2016, this agreement offers:
- A 20 percent discount for Full-Service Training classes
- A 47 percent discount for Authorized Provider courses
Classes included in the agreement include:
- First Aid, CPR, and AED (adult and pediatric)
- First Aid, CPR, and AED Instructor
- Wilderness and Remote First Aid
- Aquatics (lifeguarding, instructors)
How to take advantage of the MOU:
- All councils and units without an agreement need to sign an Authorized Provider or Full-Service agreement to participate. Please call the Training Support Center at 1-800-REDCROSS (1-800-733-2767).
- Option for training and certifications
- Option for classes and certifications
- Option for group training
- Current Authorized Providers will be notified by mail of a pricing change.
- Existing training agreements between the Red Cross and individual councils, units or instructors will be updated on renewal. Pricing will change within 30 days.
Training Support Center (TSC)
If you are not already doing so, use the Training Support Center (TSC) as the primary point of contact for AP instructor support and record processing.
Current Hours of Operation
- Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Sunday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
They can do the following:
- Answer technical questions
- Process course records
- Process credit card payment or pre-payment
- Replace certificates for learners
Downloadable Participant Materials