On my honor I promise to do my best to comply with this Boy Scouts of America Scouter Code of Conduct while serving in my capacity as an adult leader:
- I have or will complete my registration with the Boy Scouts of America, answering all questions truthfully and honestly.
- I will do my best to live up to the Scout Oath and Scout Law, obey all laws, and hold others in Scouting accountable to those standards. I will exercise sound judgment and demonstrate good leadership and use the Scouting program for its intended purpose consistent with the mission of the Boy Scouts of America.
- I will make the protection of youth a personal priority. I will complete and remain current with youth protection training requirements. I will be familiar with and follow:
- BSA youth protection policies and guidelines, including mandatory reporting: https://www.scouting.org/youthprotection.aspx
- The Guide to Safe Scouting: www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/gss
- The Sweet Sixteen of BSA Safety: www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/resources/sweet16
- When transporting Scouts I will obey all laws, comply with youth protection guidelines, and follow safe driving practices.
- I will respect and abide by the Rules and Regulations of the Boy Scouts of America, BSA policies, and BSA-provided training, including but not limited to, those relating to:
- Unauthorized fundraising activities
- Advocacy on social and political issues, including prohibited use of the BSA uniform and brand
- Bullying, hazing, harassment, and unlawful discrimination of any kind
- I will not discuss or engage in any form of sexual conduct while engaged in Scouting activities. I will refer Scouts with questions regarding these topics to talk to their parents or spiritual advisor.
- I confirm that I have fully disclosed and will disclose in the future any
of the following:
- Any criminal suspicion, charges or convictions of a crime or offense involving abuse, violence, sexual misconduct, or any misconduct involving minors or juveniles
- Any investigation or court order involving domestic violence, child abuse, or similar matter
- Any criminal charges or convictions for offenses involving
controlled substances, driving while intoxicated, firearms or dangerous weapons.
- I will not possess, distribute, transport, consume, or use any of the following items prohibited by law or in violation of any Scouting rules, regulations and policies:
- Alcoholic beverages or controlled substances, including marijuana.
- Concealed or unconcealed firearms, fireworks, or explosives.
- Pornography or materials containing words or images inconsistent with Scouting values.
- If I am taking prescription medications with the potential of impairing my functioning or judgment, I will not engage in activities which would put Scouts at risk, including driving or operating equipment.
- I will take steps to prevent or report any violation of this code of conduct by others in connection with Scouting activities.