Tools & Resources
There are a lot of different aspects of international Scouting. Don’t worry- we’re here to help! Along with your Council International Representative, this is a great place to start when it comes to find out all there is to know about International Scouting.
Council "Tool Box"
While your Council’s International Representative is your best option for getting help locally, here’s a list of resources to help you with some topics that are frequently asked about.
- The Council International Representative Page – A great resource for Council International Representatives
- BSA Scouting Outside of U.S. – Moving outside of the USA? Here’s how to stay involved in the BSA
- International Calendar – Get connected with different International events at the local, National, Regional, and World levels.
- International Representative Conference – A great training opportunity for international Scouting.
- World Scouting Information – A brief summary and history of WOSM and it’s governing bodies.
- International Letter of Introduction – for more information about ILI’s and events visit the Travel and Events page.
- Inviting Internationals to Camp – Also available on the Travel and Events page!
International Adventure Newsletters
Click on the pictures below to check out the most recent stories from our blog and to view the most recent newsletter!
Have an idea for a great article or want to submit some content? CLICK HERE
Sign up to receive eNewsletter here:
Jamboree on the Air – Jamboree on the Internet (JOTA-JOTI) is a fun and exciting annual experience for all young people in Scouting using the widest range of technology communication channels to educate, promote cultural awareness, develop tolerance, as well as enhance sharing, collaboration and teamwork, along with building a sense of belonging to the worldwide Scout Movement. It is a “travel-free” Jamboree that takes place wherever you are in the world. Connections between Scouts are made over amateur-radio links and internet.
- Jamboree-On-The-Air for Scout Leaders Fact Sheet
- Jamboree-On-The-Air for Amateur Radio Operators Fact Sheet
- JOTA Certificate of Participation and Contact Log
European Scout Voluntary Program
Are you 18-30 years of age and interested in volunteering at a summer camp in Europe? Find out more about this great opportunity!
Other international events, such as encampments, jamborees, and jamborettes are held in various other countries each year. A list of international events is available from the World Organization of the Scout Movement (http://www.scout.org ).
Donations & Grants Resources
United States Fund for International Scouting (USFIS) forms:
Insignia, Awards and Recognition Resources
- International Spirit Award
- The International Spirit Award is a temporary emblem that is awarded to registered Scouts and Scouters who have completed the requirements, have gained a greater knowledge of international Scouting, and have developed a greater appreciation and awareness of different cultures and countries.
- International Scouter Award
- The International Scouter’s Award encourages Scouters to broaden their involvement in Scouting through participation in world Scouting activities and recognizes Scouters for their contributions to world Scouting.
- Earned and distributed at a local council level.
Links for Even More info!
Be sure to check out the Travel and Events page for up-to-date info on how you can get ready for travel or get involved!
- 24th World Scout Jamboree
- Kandersteg Scout Centre
World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM)
Navigate Your Next International Adventure
Join us on Wednesday, June 17th, at 7:30 p.m., U.S. Central Daylight Time, via Facebook Live, for a fun-filled, informative session that will whet your appetite to learn more about the wonderful world of International Scouting. More information here.