1. To fold the flag correctly, bring the striped half up over the blue field.
2. Then fold it in half again.
3. Bring the lower striped corner to the upper edge, forming a triangle.
4. Then fold the upper point in to form another triangle. Continue until the entire length of the flag is folded.
5. When you get near the end—nothing but the blue field showing—tuck the last bit into the other folds to secure it.
6. The final folded flag resembles a cocked hat with only the white stars on a blue field showing.