Advancement Educational Presentations
On Increasing Advancement
On Increasing Advancement, as presented by the National Advancement Committee at the BSA National Annual Meeting, May 2013, Grapevine, TX.
Getting the Most From Internet Advancement
"Getting the Most From Internet Advancement" is a PowerPoint slide show with speaker notes and an FAQ sheet produced by volunteers for volunteers. Designed to be a 60- to 90-minute instructor-led presentation, it guides participants through methods to make effective use of the Internet Advancement software. Councils may add slides providing local particulars and contact information. Download PowerPoint Presentation, Download Presenter's Notes PDF, Download FAQ PDF
The Essentials of Merit Badge Counseling
This PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes covers the required procedures for merit badge counseling, clarifies the role of counselors in the BSA advancement program, and discusses the appropriate approaches to use in working with Scouts. It is intended as an instructor-led presentation to counselors of any experience level and takes 60 to 90 minutes to complete. Download PowerPoint Presentation, Download Presenter's Notes PDF
Guide to Advancement and Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook Overview
Converted to video format from PowerPoint presentations with voice-over, these presentations provide further insight into the two most critical publications produced by the BSA national Advancement Team. The files may be opened and viewed on your computer or downloaded for later viewing or for presentation at a roundtable, university of Scouting, or other gathering. The intent is to provide a better understanding of how BSA advancement policies and procedures should be interpreted and implemented.
Please note that the presentations, "The Eagle Scout Service Project," and "The Merit Badge Program," are undergoing revision and will not be available until late fall.
- Introduction to the Guide to Advancement (10 min.) Download, View Now
- Judgment Calls (24 min.) covering the "active," position of responsibility, and Scout spirit requirements, and also "reasonable expectations." Download, View Now
- Boards of Review (15 min.) Download, View Now
- Boards of Review Under Disputed Circumstances (6 min.) Download, View Now
- Board of Review Appeals (4 min.) Download, View Now
- The Eagle Scout Application Process (8 min.) Download, View Now
- Eagle Scout Boards of Review (4 min.) Download, View Now