After becoming an Eagle Scout, you may earn Palms by completing
the following requirements:
- Be active in your troop and patrol for at least three months
after becoming an Eagle Scout or after award of last Palm.**
- Demonstrate Scout spirit by living the Scout Oath and Scout
Law in your everyday life.
- Make a satisfactory effort to develop
- Earn five additional merit badges beyond those required for
Eagle or last Palm.***
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference.
- Successfully complete your board of review.
You may wear only the proper combination of Palms for the
number of merit badges you earned beyond the rank of Eagle.
The Bronze Palm represents five merit badges, the Gold Palm 10,
and the Silver Palm 15.
*For Varsity Scouts working on Boy Scout requirements, replace “troop” with “team” and “Scoutmaster” with “Varsity
Scout Coach.” For Venturers working on Boy Scout requirements, replace “troop” with “crew” and “Scoutmaster” with
“Crew Advisor.” For Sea Scouts working on Boy Scout requirements, replace “troop” with “ship” and “Scoutmaster”
**Eagle Palms must be earned in sequence, and the three-month tenure requirement must be observed for each Palm.
***Merit badges earned any time since becoming a Boy Scout may be used to meet this requirement.