Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of golf to your leader or adult partner. Explain the need for caution concerning golf clubs and golf balls.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing golfing skills at a driving range.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing golfing skills at a chipping/putting range.
Earn the Golf belt loop and complete five of the following requirements:
- Explain the use of woods and irons. Explain their differences.
- Explain how par is determined for a hole.
- Demonstrate the proper grip of the club to your leader, adult partner, or instructor.
- Spend 30 minutes, over one or two practice periods, practicing the swing styles: full swing, approach swing, and putting swing.
- Spend 30 minutes, over one or two practice periods, practicing aim, stance, and the address position.
- Draw a diagram of a typical golf hole, from tee to green.
- Demonstrate your knowledge of the use and care of golf equipment: clubs, ball, tee, bag, shoes, and gloves.
- Describe the composition of a regulation golf ball.
- Take golf lessons.
- Spend 30 minutes, over one or two practice periods, hitting balls on a driving range.
- Play miniature golf.