2014 Commissioner Workshop at the Sea Base Conference Center
Click here to print a copy of this article.
"Overview of Commissioner Service" is the title of the next Commissioner Training Conference to be held the week of
January 12–17, 2014, at the Sea Base Conference Center in Islamorada, Florida. The conference will be taught by Kandra Dickerson, Central Region Area 5 commissioner, and KreshaAlvarado, assistant council commissioner for Circle 10 Council.
The topics covered in this conference are designed to help you bring "best practices" and current ideas to your role as a commissioner whether you directly serve a unit, serve as aroundtable commissioner, or are an administrative commissioner.
The course outline includes"
- Four main focus areas for commissioners
- Finding and using commissioner resources
- Annual service plan
- Commissioner's role in retention
- Linking district resources to unit needs
- UVTS as a tool to aid unit improvement
- Roundtable organization and the new program planning guidesBuilding better relationships with unit leaders through effective communication
- Commissioner support to new units
- Voice of the Scout and what it means to your units
- Managing conflict
- Best practices forum
See the conference center flier for more information about Sea Base conferences. If you would like to attend commissioner training at Sea Base in January, click here to register.
If you have any questions about attending Sea Base, please contact Tim Acree, national commissioner service training chair, at email@example.com.