Commissioner Week at Philmont Training Center
Click here to print a copy of this article.
Week 2, June 15–21, will be Commissioner Week at the
Philmont Training Center. Please see the Philmont flier for more
information. To register, click here.
You should have received a personal invitation from National
Commissioner Tico Perez to attend PTC during this fantastic
week. At PTC you will have the opportunity to meet and share
ideas with Scouters from across the United States. There
will be special commissioner events throughout the week to
enhance your opportunities to network. This year there will be
six commissioner conferences to choose from.
The conference faculty includes some of the most talented
and skilled commissioners in Scouting. The faculty for this year
is listed below.
The Council Commissioner
- Larry Chase, national commissioner support
staff retention and recognition chair and council
commissioner for the Atlanta Area Council
- Gail Plucker, council commissioner for the Middle
- Craig T. Bailey, assistant council commissioner for the
Daniel Webster Council
District Commissioner and Assistant District Commissioner Training
- Ellie Morrison, past national commissioner support staff
retention and recognition chair
- Randy Corgan, Central Region Area 6 commissioner
- Dave Lown, assistant council commissioner for the
Grand Canyon Council
The Unit Commissioner
- Dave Fornadel, assistant council commissioner for the
Circle Ten Council
- Steve Swain, assistant district commissioner for
roundtable in the Gulf Coast Council
- George Costigan, assistant council commissioner for
the National Capital Area Council with years of
- Dave Lyons, Southern New Jersey Council, roundtable
commissioner since 1999, and publisher of Baloo’s Bugle
How to Conduct a Commissioner College
- Jeffrey L. McKinney, area commissioner in the Northeast
Region and dean of the area commissioner college for
the last 13 years
- Terry Chapman, assistant council commissioner for
commissioner training and dean of the commissioner
college in the Heart of America Council
Commissioner Service for Non-Traditional or Faith-Based Units
- Tom Hunsaker, retired professional Scouter
In addition, Rabbi Peter Hyman and the Reverend Chip
Turner will be assisting with the faith-based units portion of
the conference. Espie Randolph, director for Learning for Life
and Exploring, will be assisting with the non-traditional units
portion of the conference. This is going to be an outstanding
conference using a variety of teaching methods. Please
consider attending if you have an interest in some of the unique
aspects of commissioner service.
While visiting the PTC Conferences website, download the
2014 conference brochure and the Family Programs brochure.
Bring the family along! They will have a great time, and it will be
a memorable experience. Please consider making a personal
commitment to attend one of the conferences offered this year.
You will not be disappointed!
If you have any questions about commissioner training,
please contact Tim Acree, national commissioner service
training chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.