Recruitment and Retention Update
Click here to print a copy of this article.
An article in an earlier issue provided a roadmap of initiatives being worked on by the commissioner support team. Over the last several months progress has been made on severalrecruitment and retention initiatives.
- New Awards and Recognition Web Page: To improve access to information about commissioner awards and recognition, a new page devoted to these items has been added.
- New Commissioner Recognition Certificates: New recognition certificates are being implemented. Certificates are now available for both commissioning and the Commissioner Award of Excellence in Unit Service. These certificates are fillable PDFs that enable immediate printing and eliminate the need to maintain an inventory of blanks. Using standard paper stock is the most cost-effective approach; using higher-quality stock can provide a certificate suitable for framing.
- New Requirements and Progress Record Form: A new form has been developed to document requirements for the Commissioner Award of Excellence in Unit Service and enable commissioners to track progress toward completing them. Also a fillable PDF, the new forms can be downloaded to your computer where progress can be recorded. The completed form can be printed and provided to those from whom approval is needed.
- Commissioner Award of Excellence Recognition Items Available: Both a knot (recognition for earning this award once) and a device (recognition for earning this award a second or third time) are now available:
—— Commissioner Award of Excellence in Unit Service knot, No. 613223
—— Commissioner recognition device, No. 871
- Commissioner Recognition Team Formed: A team of commissioners from throughout the United States has begun reviewing current commissioner recognition requirements and will be developing recommendations for updates over the coming year.