Drugs: A Deadly Game! is the drug abuse prevention awareness program from the Boy Scouts of America and Boys’ Life magazine. Drugs: A Deadly Game! presents a set of easily understood facts that will get children talking—and learning—about the dangers of drug use and abuse. Drugs: A Deadly Game! is for all youth, boys and girls—not just Scouts—first grade through high school.
Choose to Refuse
Choose to Refuse is the official youth booklet of Drugs: A Deadly Game!. The 18-page booklet features five drug-free kids who speak to today’s youth about many of the drug-related issues they may possibly face. Choose to Refuse includes a foldout body chart that illustrates the calamitous ill affects caused by drug abuse.
The Leader Guide helps adults to effectively present Choose to Refuse to boys and girls, first grade through high school.
Materials are available at ScoutStuff.org:
- Drugs: A Deadly Game! Kit-5th Edition (10-pack)
- Drugs: A Deadly Game! Choose to Refuse Leader Guide
- Drugs: A Deadly Game! Choose to Refuse Youth Guide
Instructions for using the pre- and post-tests may be found in the Choose to Refuse Leaders’ Guide.
Additional Drug Abuse Prevention and Education Websites
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and SAMHSA’s National Clearing House for Alcohol & Drug Information
- Parents: The Anti-Drug
- National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) for Teens
- Coalition for Drug Abuse Prevention
- Youth Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention Project (YADAPP)
- Above the Influence
- American Council for Drug Education
- The Partnership at Drugfree.org