Rank Focus: Joining
The first step in any journey is the courage to begin. Right from the beginning of your Venturing experience, you will learn about Venturing, what the crew does, what to expect from your experiences with the crew, and making a commitment to the principles of Venturing. The first level of recognition marks your commitment to join and move forward into the adventure of Venturing.
- Participate in a crew activity outside of a crew meeting.
- Participate in an interview conducted by your crew president and your advisor. Possible questions you might ask about your crew may include:
- How often does the crew meet?
- What kinds of things does the crew do?
- What is the biggest adventure the crew has taken in recent years?
- How much does it cost to participate?
- What sort of fundraising does the crew do?
- Who are the other members of the crew that I might know?
- What is Venturing’s connection with Scouting?
- How do I fit Venturing into a busy life?
- What makes this crew different from others in the area?
- What keeps other crew members coming back?
- Complete Personal Safety Awareness Training.
- State intention to join the crew during a crew induction ceremony (Example).