Posted below are pack meeting plans for the 2015–2016, 2016–2017, and 2017-2018 Cub Scouting years.
Here are a few thoughts to consider around these new pack meeting plans. First, there is a plan for each month that corresponds with a point of the Scout Law. In addition, each plan has a theme to help make the pack meeting even more fun! The plans do not have to be used in a specific order, but some do have reminders to include activities from the required adventures to help the Scouts earn their rank.
Tips for Utilizing the Plans
- Pack meeting plans do not have to be done in any special order, but it is recommended that you include all of the points of the Scout Law each year. The pack planning meeting would be a good time to determine the order.
- There are pack meeting plans for multiple years posted on the website. It is your pack’s choice of which one to select from each point of the Scout Law for each year.
- Pack meetings should not last longer than an hour. Adjust the plan to make it fit within the time. Research and experience tells us that Cub Scouts have a hard time sitting still for that long. Keep the meetings fun, active, and engaging.
- The following required adventures have a requirement that suggests or requires completion at a pack meeting. Please plan accordingly as part of your annual program planning process. Work with your den leaders to plan when these activities will take place.
- Tigers in the Wild, requirement 5. Participate in an outdoor pack meeting or pack campout campfire. Sing a song and act out a skit with your Tiger den as part of the program.
- Games Tigers Play, requirement 3. Make up a new game, and play it with your family or members of your den or pack.
- Council Fire, requirement 6c. Create a den project from recyclables for a pack meeting.
- Grin and Bear It, requirement 2. Working with the members of your den, organize a Cub Scout carnival and lead it at a special event.
- Grin and Bear It, requirement 3. Help younger Cub Scouts take part in one of the events at the Cub Scout carnival.
- Stronger, Faster, Higher, requirement 5. With adult guidance, lead younger Scouts in a fitness game or games as a gathering activity for a pack or den meeting.
- Arrow of Light
- Building a Better World (if chosen), requirement 10b. Set up an exhibit at a pack meeting to share information about the World Friendship Fund.
- If you are comfortable with a costume to fit the theme of the meeting, go for it!
- Importantly, keep it simple and make it fun.
2017–2018 Pack Meeting Plans
- September: Courteous – “How the West Was Fun”
- October: Thrifty – “A-Camping We Will Go”
- November: Reverent – “Cubs Give Thanks”
- December: Kind – “Paying It Forward”
- January: Helpful – “Jobs, Jobs, Jobs”
- February: Cheerful – “Abracadabra!”
- March: Trustworthy – “Cub Scout Investigators”
- April: Loyal – “Cubs in the Future”
- May: Friendly – “Treasure Hunters”
- June: Obedient – “Wheel Into Summer”
- July: Brave – “Home of the Brave”
- August: Clean – “Destination Parks”
2016–2017 Pack Meeting Plans
- September: Helpful – “To The Rescue”
- October: Kind – “Creepy Crawlers”
- November: Courteous – “Cubs In Shining Armor”
- December: Cheerful – “Celebrate”
- January: Obedient – “Cub Scout City Council”
- February: Reverent – “Passport To Other Lands”
- March: Loyal – “Our National Treasures”
- April: Thrifty – “Power Up!”
- May: Clean – “A Picnic With Pizzazz”
- June: Brave – “Roaming Reptile Alert”
- July: Trustworthy – “Let The Games Begin”
- August: Friendly – “#CUBSCOUTS”
2015–2016 Pack Meeting Plans
- September: Clean – “Cubservation”
- October: Brave – “Super Cub!”
- November: Helpful – “Cubs In Action”
- December: Reverent – “Winter Wonderland”
- January: Trustworthy – “The Great Race”
- February: Friendly – “Friends Near And Far”
- March: Thrifty – “Cubstruction”
- April: Cheerful – “Strike Up The Band”
- May: Kind – “My Animal Friends”
- June: Obedient – “It’s A Hit”
- July: Loyal – “Scout Salute”
- August: Courteous – “S’More Cub Scout Fun”
2014-2015 Pack Meeting Plans
- May: Health and Fitness—”Backyard Fun”
- June: Perseverance—”Go for the Gold”
- July: Courage—”Under the Sea”
- August: Honesty—”Play Ball”