The Keys Experience: March 21-April 1, 2022
Hosted by the National Special Needs and Disabilities Committee
From March 21- April 1, 2022, members of the National Special Needs and Disabilities Committee will be supporting Family Adventure Camp at Florida Sea Base’s Camp Jackson Sawyer in the Florida Keys, specifically for Scouts with special needs or disabilities to be able to experience BSA Family Adventure Camp.
Families will have the flexibility to choose their exact number of nights they wish to stay and camp in either Luxury Deluxe Tents that fit up to 6 people or in traditional campsites. All have access to indoor restroom and shower facilities, as well as outdoor common areas for meal prep and eating.
The NSND committee members will be there to help support family activities in camp as well as support any adaptive needs with nearby vendors in Bahia Honda State Park. Families will have the opportunity to create their own schedules, whether they want to stay in camp and wade in the tidepools, visit Bahia Honda State Park for aquatics activities, visit the Brinton Environmental Center and learn about Marine STEM, or spend the day in Key West or exploring other areas of interest.
Register here: https://www.campspot.com/book/sfcbsa
Choose your dates from March 21 to April 1 and enter “KEYS EXPERIENCE” in the additional information when registering. A member of the NSND committee will be in touch after registration to follow up for additional information so that the best support is available for your Scout.
For more information on location and activities visit https://www.bsaseabase.org/camping/
Sample Activity Options
- Waterfront activities: Supervised swimming, snorkeling, tidepools and fishing
- Boating/Paddle Craft: Including adaptive options
- Access to Brinton Environmental Center and the Coral Reef Revitalization Project
- Bahia Honda State Park Experiences and Amenities
- The Turtle Hospital
- Key West
- Evening Camping Activities
BSA Family Adventure Camp at Florida Sea Base Details
- Rustic tent camping available (bring your own family tents)
- Glamping style “deluxe” tents, two rooms.
- Facilities are accessible, including the shower house.
- Ability to cook your own meals on site utilizing the rustic outdoor kitchen or travel to nearby restaurants.