As an educational event of WOSM, the program at Moot is organized to help participants
- Develop their understanding and experience of belonging to a worldwide movement of Scouts
- Be challenged by new perspectives of culture, origin, ideas, behavior, and experience
- Experience the powerful influence of nature and the environment on everyday life
- Be challenged to think about the impact of lifestyle on the environment and an individual’s health
- Think about the rights and responsibilities of being a world citizen
The activities of the 3rd Interamerican Scout Moot will be developed within the framework of Sustainable Development Objectives, the Scouts of the World program and the educational objectives of the Youth Scout Program. The Moot will be a privileged space for the exchange of intercultural experiences between participants and members of the community, offering the opportunity to develop collective projects, all participating in Creating a Better World.
The Andean mountains is a particularly attractive scenario for practicing adventure sports such as via ferrata, zipline, mountain biking, rafting, hiking, horseback riding, climbing, among others.
We will have the opportunity to visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas and know the impressive architecture built in Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Maras, Moray, Sacsayhuaman, as well as the historical monuments located in the Imperial City.
Scouts of the World – Cusco Base:
WOSM within the Scouts of the World program will have Cusco as a base to work on projects of sustainable development proposed for the Scouts of the World recognition.
The ancestral ceremonies of the Inca Empire brought to scene at the Opening and Closing ceremonies of the 3rd Interamerican Scout Moot will give the cultural, historical and commitment framework for each participant to assume their role in Creating a Better World.