With more than 160 member organizations within the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM), there are many international Scouting events each year. They provide a great opportunity for our BSA members to connect with the world, to learn about other countries, people, and cultures through Scouting activities, and make new friendships as part of their Scouting adventure.
BSA International will offer contingent support for regional moots and jamborees, as well as world Scout moots.
Upcoming international Scouting events requiring a BSA contingent leader and supported by the International Department are listed below. If you are interested in leading a BSA contingent:
- Review the BSA Contingent Leader Position Description
- Complete the BSA Contingent Leader Application
- Submit your completed BSA Contingent Leader Application to email@example.com.
For all other international Scouting events, please register through the event host. In many cases, BSA membership verification will be required by the host national Scout organization (NSO). There are two options for verification.
- Preferred: Complete an International Letter of Introduction (ILI) application and submit to your council Scout executive.
- Otherwise: Submit the NSO verification request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BSA members who are interested in learning about upcoming international Scouting events should use the WOSM resources below:
View the WOSM events page. At the bottom of the page is a link to the International Events List, you can find information about camps and other Scouting events taking place around the world where Scouts from other countries are invited to attend
Upcoming International and Regional Events With BSA Contingents
- 16th Interamerican Scout Jamboree and 3rd Interamerican Scout Camporee (JAMCAM), 4-12 JAN 2020, Brazil
- European Jamboree (EuroJam), 27 JUL – 6 AUG 2020, Poland
- Caribbean Scout Jamboree, Summer 2020 (exact dates and location TBD)
- 16th World Scout Moot, July 2021, Ireland (exact date TBD)
- 4th Interamerican Scout Moot, 2021, Argentina (exact date TBD)