The International Department offers the International Tours and Exchange booklet with useful information to be used by Scouts or groups of Scouts in the planning of tours to other countries or exchanges with Scouts from other countries, as well as jamborees or other Scout activities in other countries.
The booklet covers the following topics:
- Policies and procedures for council, district, and unit Scouting officials organizing an international tour for Scout groups or hosting an international Scouting activity
- Summary outline of the International BSA Youth Exchange program
- Being a guest of the International BSA Youth Exchange program
- Being a host for the International BSA Youth Exchange program
- International awareness notes for hosts of international visitors
- How to make the international hosting plan happen in your troop/crew
- International letter of introduction
- Instructions for wearing international Scouting insignia
Careful planning is important to the success of a trip, tour, or exchange. The International Tours and Exchange booklet offers invaluable advice on international protocol and BSA policies that will help ensure the success of any Scouting activity abroad.