This temporary emblem is worn by Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, Venturers, and Scouters who participate in an international activity or program as defined by a local council. The embroidered, 3-inch emblem (No. 00144) is worn centered on the right pocket of the uniform shirt and can be ordered through local councils.
However, each council determines its own criteria for the wearing of this insignia.
Councils may purchase the international activity emblem, No. 00144, through the National Distribution Center.
Suggested Criteria for the International Activity Emblem
The International Department suggests that at least four out of these nine criteria be completed before the insignia is worn:
- Host a group of foreign students at a dinner, meeting, or campout weekend, and plan activities to help you learn about their countries.
- Plan and execute an international dinner, inviting foreign Scouts as guests or serving an ethnic meal.
- Participate in an international Scout jamboree/camporee.
- Host a group of Scouts on tour in your area.
- Visit a local Scout group while your Scout group is touring another country.
- Participate in Jamboree-on-the-Air or Jamboree-on-the-Internet.
- Experience the World Friendship Fund campfire program with your unit.
- Donate to the World Friendship Fund.
- Visit a foreign embassy or consulate, and learn about its function.
* Each council determines its own criteria for the wearing of this insignia.