NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MANY WILL ENTER. ONLY ONE WILL WIN.
1. Eligibility: The Instagram Emoji sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are over the age of 13 and located in the U.S. at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Boy Scouts of America (“Sponsor”), and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, licensees and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of this Promotion (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), and their immediate family members (parent, child, sibling and spouse of each) and those living in the same households of each are not eligible. Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
2. Submission Period: The submission period will run for 24 hours after sweepstakes announcement post on Instagram (the “Submission Period”).
3. How to Enter: During the Submission Period, go to https://www.instagram.com/thecubscouts/ (“Website”), and follow the sweepstakes post instructions. The person submitting the entry comment will be deemed the entrant (the “Entrant”). An entrant is allowed one entry per promotion period.
4. Entry Requirements: In order to be entered in the Promotion, Entrants must comply with registration instructions when submitting the entry comment.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Entrant will be deemed the legal owner of the Instagram account appearing on the Entry.
Any Entry not in compliance with these Official Rules, the BSA’s Social Media Guidelines, and Sponsor’s requirements will be disqualified.
6. Winners: One winner will be chosen at random from the pool of eligible Entries. This winner will be asked to send a private message or email to share their address for delivery of prize.
7. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) & Odds: One (1) winner will receive a Scout Stuff gift card. Total ARV of prize in this Promotion is up to $100. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prizes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Arrangements for delivery of prizes will be performed after winner validation. Odds of winning any prize depend on the number of entries received. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Prize that is not claimed in 10 days will be deemed unclaimed.
8. Privacy information: Entrants’ contact information will be used by Sponsor for the sole purpose of a direct one-time response to contact winner. Entrants’ contact information will not be retained by Sponsor after the conclusion of the promotion unless opted-in to communication. HOWEVER, SPONSOR MAKES NO GUARANTEE REGARDING, AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AS TO, THE MANNER IN WHICH INSTAGRAM AND ITS AFFILIATES MAY USE INFORMATION POSTED ONLINE.
9. General Rules: All federal, state and local laws apply. Potential winners (or his/her parent/legal guardian, if the winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and a Publicity Release within ten (10) days of attempted delivery or prize will be forfeited. The return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to return any documents in a the 10 days may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be chosen. By participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties and Facebook from and against any and all liability or damages, including indirect, incidental, consequential and punitive damages, arising from Entrant’s participation in this Promotion or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize received in this Promotion. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR EXCLUSIONS CONCERNING THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY STATED IN THE PRECEDING SENTENCE. Promotion Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or administration of the Promotion. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion. Promotion Parties are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, stolen, illegible, inaccurate, damaged, incomplete, non-delivered or postage-due mail; or for printing, distribution or production errors or for technical, hardware, software, or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion, or by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Promotion. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the promotion, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify suspect Entries and/or modify or terminate the Promotion in a manner deemed reasonable by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, Entries will be declared made by the person’s name submitted at time of Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Promotion or Website or acts in a disruptive manner. This Promotion is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the State of Texas. By entering, Entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Texas located in the county of Dallas for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Promotion.
10. Waiver: By participating in this Promotion, participant waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate.
11. Winners’ List: To receive a copy of the Winners List for this Promotion, email communications@Scouting.org
12. Sponsor: Boy Scouts of America, 1325 W. Walnut Hill Lane, P.O. Box 152079, Irving, TX 75015-2079