The Cub Scouts make things pretty easy. No hoops. No red tape. Sign the kids up, fill out some forms, and you’re ready to go.
Here are 5 little tips to get you started …
- Your local group of Cub Scouts is called a Pack. You can find your pack here. Go to the site and type in your zip code. Sinchy.
- Cub Scouts are boys 1st grade through 5th grade, or up to 10 years old. You can get involved at any point along the way. No worries if you’re getting a late start.
- This is a way to do more with your kids. Don’t look at it like a sitter service, because it’s pretty much the opposite of that.
- The activities and achievements are a pretty even split between academic stuff and running-around-and-building stuff. Whichever direction your kid wants to go, he can go (with your help).
- The uniforms are cool. Kids love them, and they look pretty sharp. There are tons of resources on how to wear them the right way, and how to put the patches on, and pretty much everything in between. Cubs don’t always wear the uniforms, but getting the whole thing together is a no-brainer.