The Accounting Specialist Training course is designed for both established accounting personnel who wish to hone their skills and new accounting personnel with less than one-year tenure. It is also appropriate for local council and area volunteers.
- BSA accounting procedures and differences from other non-profit organizations’ accounting practices
- Daily, weekly, and monthly accounting functions
- Reconciliations of asset and liability accounts
- Fund accounting
- Deferred revenues and expenses
- Classification of contributions – unrestricted, temporarily restricted, permanently restricted
- Researching and correcting transactions
Fee and Cancellation
- The course fee is $475.00 and participants are responsible for their own transportation, lodging, and meals. The minimum number of participants for this course is 5 and the maximum is 12.
- The deadline to register and submit payment is 30 days prior to the start of each course. Should the deadline fall on a holiday or weekend, it will be applied on the immediate, next business day.
- If we do not have the minimum number of participants registered at the time of the deadline, the course will be cancelled.
- 100% refund will be given if individual cancellation is received at least 30 days or more prior to class start. No refund given if cancellation is received within 30 days of class start.
Las Vegas Area Council Service Center
National Service Center
Buckskin Council Service Center