Fiscal Management I (FM I) is designed to give council staff and volunteers a greater understanding of the fiscal management and administrative processes of a local council. The greatest benefits from this course occur when the Scout executive and accounting specialist attend together, as well as the council treasurer or other finance volunteers. Due to changes in administrative and accounting requirements of not-for-profit organizations, participation in the course is suggested at least every three years.
- Learning to create and evaluate financial statements without knowing debits and credits
- Who sets the accounting standards
- Interpreting your council’s financial statements
- Making your financial data easy to understand
- Managing your cash flow
- Preventing fraud and abuse
- Internal controls
- Audits and relationships with auditors
- Understanding industry changes and trends
Fee and Cancellation
- The course fee is $325.00 and participants are responsible for their own transportation, lodging, and meals. The minimum number of participants for this course is 15 and the maximum is 30.
- The deadline to register and submit payment is 30 days prior to the start of each course. Should the deadline fall on a holiday or weekend, it will be applied on the immediate, next business day.
- If we do not have the minimum number of participants registered at the time of the deadline, the course will be cancelled.
- 100% refund will be given if individual cancellation is received at least 30 days or more prior to class start. No refund given if cancellation is received within 30 days of class start.