Fiscal Management I (FM I) is designed to give council staff and volunteers a greater understanding of the fiscal management and administrative processes of a local council. The greatest benefits from this course occur when the Scout executive and accounting specialist attend together, as well as the council treasurer or other finance volunteers. Due to changes in administrative and accounting requirements of not-for-profit organizations, participation in the course is suggested at least every three years.
Schedule and Locations
Click the “REGISTER NOW” button to register for any of the FM 1 training courses.
- Learning to create and evaluate financial statements without knowing debits and credits
- Who sets the accounting standards
- Interpreting your council’s financial statements
- Making your financial data easy to understand
- Managing your cash flow
- Preventing fraud and abuse
- Internal controls
- Audits and relationships with auditors
- Understanding industry changes and trends
Fee and Cancellation
- The virtual course fee is $50.00
The minimum number of participants for this course is 5 and the maximum is 30.
- The deadline to register and submit payment is 30 days prior to the start of each classroom course; virtual training deadline is 5 days prior to the start. Should the deadline fall on a holiday or weekend, it will be applied on the immediate, next business day.
- 100% refund will be given if individual cancellation is received at least 30 days or more prior to class start – 5 days or more for virtual. No refund given if cancellation is received within 30 days of class start – within 5 days for virtual.