Commissioner Week at the Philmont Training Center for 2014 will be Week 2—June 15–21. Please see the Philmont flier for more information. For even more information and to register, click here. All of the conferences offered last year will be offered again this year. And as in the past, the Commissioner College will be held on Friday.
The conference offerings for 2014 are:
- The Council Commissioner
- District Commissioner and Assistant District Commissioner Training
- The Unit Commissioner
- Effective Roundtables
- How to Conduct a Commissioner College
- Commissioner Service for Non-Traditional or Faith-Based Units
The Commissioner Service for Non-Traditional or Faith- Based Units conference is being offered for the first time this year. This conference has been one of the most requested in the past several years. Some of the topics in the conference outline include:
- Introduction to non-traditional units and multicultural markets and how to provide commissioner service to rural, urban, Learning for Life, Asian, Hispanic, African American, Native American, single-parent, and homeschooled youth units
- Introduction to various faith-based units and how to provide commissioner service to Christian, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Jewish, Islamic, and Buddhist units and the importance of faith-based units
- An overview of resources available to support these types of units
- Recognitions for support of non-traditional units, which include the William D. Boyce New-Unit Organizer Award, the Founders Bar, the Community Organization Award, the Asian American Spirit Award, and the Shofar Award
The conference will be a little different from others in that this conference will have facilitators and will feature guest speakers who have knowledge in each of these areas rather than two faculty members.
While visiting the PTC Conferences website, download the 2014 conference brochure and the Family Programs brochure. Bring the family along! They will have a great time and it will be a memorable experience. Please consider making a personal commitment to attend one of the conferences offered this year. You will not be disappointed!
If you have any questions about commissioner training, please contact Tim Acree, national commissioner service training chair, at email@example.com.