Recruiting NST Exploring SME’s
Looking for National Exploring SMEs to support the National Service Territory Program Leads…
Following in the footsteps of the other BSA Older Youth Programs (Venturing & Sea Scouting) in their support to the National Service Territory (NST) Program Leads, our National Exploring Program’s goal is supporting all sixteen NSTs with an Exploring Subject Matter Expert (SME) who will support each NST Program Lead (PL) as their Exploring Resource point of contact (POC). Also, like the other older youth programs, we offer this Exploring SME who NST PLs could contact if they need an Exploring Resource POC to help field questions or to help on an Exploring event, project, issue/concern, etc., originating within their territory; but, their assistance is at the behest of the NST PLs, and they are neither formally or informally part of the NST organizational construct.
If you are interested in becoming one of the National Exploring SME supporting one of our NST PLs as their Exploring Resource POC, please contact Craig Martin (Exploring Chair, National Commissioner Service Team) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, attached to this newsletter is “National Exploring SME Service Territory Application” which you may send to the National Director of Older Youth Programs, Tim Anderson, at email@example.com and Craig Martin.
While we are in the process of identifying and vetting an Exploring SME/Resource POC for each territory, our current five National Exploring SMEs and National Commissioner Service Team Exploring Chair have divided the sixteen NSTs among themselves and they will support the NST Program Leads temporarily, until we have someone identified within each territory, as follows:
- National Exploring SME Stuart Mahler (in California ‘s Golden Gate Area Council) will support NST 1, 2 & 3
- National Commissioner Service Team Exploring Chair Craig Martin (in Colorado ‘s Pikes Peak Council) will support NST 4, 7 & 8
- National Exploring SME Roger Engelbart (in Missouri’s Greater St Louis Area Council) will support NST 5, 6 & 14
- National Exploring SME Richard ‘Rick’ Belford (in Massachusetts’ Western Massachusetts Council) will support NST 9, 10 & 11
- National Exploring SME Linda Hassler (in New Jersey’s Monmouth Council) will support NST 12 & 13
- National Exploring SME Kenneth ‘Ken’ Leedham (in Florida’s Gulf Stream Council) will support NST 15 & 16