You should have received a personal invitation from National Commissioner Tico Perez to attend PTC during this fantastic week. At PTC you will have the opportunity to meet and share ideas with Scouters from across the United States. There will be special commissioner events throughout the week to enhance your opportunities to network. This year there will be six commissioner conferences to choose from.
The conference faculty includes some of the most talented and skilled commissioners in Scouting. The faculty for this year is listed below.
The Council Commissioner
- Larry Chase, national commissioner support staff retention and recognition chair and council commissioner for the Atlanta Area Council
- Gail Plucker, council commissioner for the Middle Tennessee Council
- Craig T. Bailey, assistant council commissioner for the Daniel Webster Council
District Commissioner and Assistant District Commissioner Training
- Ellie Morrison, past national commissioner support staff retention and recognition chair
- Randy Corgan, Central Region Area 6 commissioner
- Dave Lown, assistant council commissioner for the Grand Canyon Council
The Unit Commissioner
- Dave Fornadel, assistant council commissioner for the Circle Ten Council
- Steve Swain, assistant district commissioner for roundtable in the Gulf Coast Council
- George Costigan, assistant council commissioner for the National Capital Area Council with years of roundtable experience
- Dave Lyons, Southern New Jersey Council, roundtable commissioner since 1999, and publisher of Baloo’s Bugle
How to Conduct a Commissioner College
- Jeffrey L. McKinney, area commissioner in the Northeast Region and dean of the area commissioner college for the last 13 years
- Terry Chapman, assistant council commissioner for commissioner training and dean of the commissioner college in the Heart of America Council
Commissioner Service for Non-Traditional or Faith-Based Units
- Tom Hunsaker, retired professional Scouter
In addition, Rabbi Peter Hyman and the Reverend Chip Turner will be assisting with the faith-based units portion of the conference. Espie Randolph, director for Learning for Life and Exploring, will be assisting with the non-traditional units portion of the conference. This is going to be an outstanding conference using a variety of teaching methods. Please consider attending if you have an interest in some of the unique aspects of commissioner service.
While visiting the PTC Conferences website, download the 2014 conference brochure and the Family Programs brochure. Bring the family along! They will have a great time, and it will be a memorable experience. Please consider making a personal commitment to attend one of the conferences offered this year. You will not be disappointed!
If you have any questions about commissioner training, please contact Tim Acree, national commissioner service training chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.