Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Impact the community and the lives of thousands of youth and families through employment as a District Executive. This position in the organization will provide the right candidate a variety of exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth and development. This position will focus on aspects of sales, customer service, fundraising, and public relations. This is work that makes a difference, offers solid compensation, benefits, and opportunity for advancement. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to gain nonprofit experience.
This position will provide leadership to the achievement of the council’s philosophy, mission, and strategy, and to its annual objectives and goals within northern Missouri (Macon, Kirksville, Hannibal) and the surrounding area.
- Work with volunteers and other community and business leaders to plan for the success of Scouting in the district.
- Achieve progress towards specific goals and objectives which include program development through collaborative relationships, volunteer recruitment and training, fundraising, membership recruitment, and retention.
- Be responsible for extending programs to religious, civic, fraternal, educational, and other community-based organizations through volunteers.
- Secure adequate financial support for Scouting through fundraising special events and campaigns.
- Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers, regular leader meetings, training events and activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with a variety of schools, civic organizations, and churches to support Scouting.
- Provide quality service to volunteers through communication, coaching, and training.
- Succeed in a goal and objective-driven environment.
- Be comfortable in public settings and working with a wide variety of people
- Ability to be organized, self-motivated, and responsible are critical.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other professionals and volunteers. The executive must have communication skills and be able to explain the program’s goals and objectives to the public.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
- Strong marketing, sales experience, fundraising and program development background is highly desired.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards
All Boy Scouts of America councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive annual salary range of $35,000 – 38,000, Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and holiday observances.
How to apply: Qualified candidates must submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.