Position: Web Content Specialist
Compensation: Exempt-level position
Position location: NDC/Marketing Department/Charlotte, NC
The Website Content Specialist will play an important role in executing our digital vision, which is focused on the creation of relevant and content-rich emails and social media posts. The Web Content Specialist will be responsible for developing the voice for all aspects of the organization’s online presence. In addition to writing, editing, and posting social content, this person will also work closely with the ecommerce and marketing teams to develop email marketing campaign strategies integrating audience segmentation and a/b testing.
Attention to detail and organizational skills are important to ensure work is produced to the highest quality within a deadline-driven environment. This role will require developing and gathering content elements from many departments in the organization and working cross- departmentally and organizationally.
The individual in this position:
- Maintains email and social campaign calendars and effectively combines this strategy with the content, promotional, web and merchandise calendars.
- Manages and build various email lists and campaigns, calls-to-action, promotions and content used in emails.
- Writes, edits, proofreads, and updates web content to ensure that it is fresh and consistent with BSA branding and is targeting selected audiences.
- Coordinates and provides guidance with video/photography production for the web.
- Monitors the company’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction and engagement with users.
- Continually identifies and executes email test plans to ensure ongoing optimization of creative, messaging, promotion, contact cadence, timing and template formats.
- Works with internal stakeholders and content drivers to gather, develop and build content and assist in creative feedback for all email campaigns, social campaigns and automation series.
- Creates and curates content from a variety of sources to continually enhance and increase engagement, while managing the response of inquiries on and related to social media sites.
- Collaborates closely with other organizational email marketing and content teams.
- Develop and review KPIs for both social and email marketing and adapt to ever-changing platform and consumer behavior trends.
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- 3+ years of email marketing and social media experience
- Experience with ESPs such as Adobe Campaign, Marketo, Pardot, or Mailchimp.
- Familiarity with Hootsuite, HubSpot, Buffer or similar social media management tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Communications or related field
- Ability to formulate, plan and set up A/B testing
- Experience with Google Analytics, Omniture, or Magento BI Tools
- Confident working with HTML, CSS and HTML templates
- Quick learner and a creative problem solver who believes every situation has an optimal solution
- Persistent and relentless when it comes to achieving personal and professional goals
- Team player who can juggle multiple responsibilities and excels under pressure
- Comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a deadline driven, changing environment
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history via email to: [email protected] , or drop off at the Human Resources office. The subject line of the email, should include the words, “Web Content Specialist”. Additional positions can be viewed on our website at: https://www.scouting.org/careers/employment-opportunities/supply