Position: Territory Sales Manager – Delta Bayou
Compensation: Exempt-level position
Position location: Parts of Louisiana, Tennessee, Arkansas, Alabama, and Mississippi
The Territory Sales Manager oversees and is responsible for the overall sales and net profitability of a territory of 7 retail locations in parts of LA, TN, AR, AL, and MS. This position also will interface and build relationships with local Boy Scouts of America Councils and associated council distributorships in your assigned territory. The position is responsible for building and leading a team to produce in all areas of store operations including but not limited to sales generation, ensuring maximum sales and net profitability goals, operations, merchandising, loss prevention, and employee deployment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers and achieves territory sales financial and operational objectives to accomplish sales and organization’s mission by:
- Performing financial duties to maintain and expand the customer base including but not limited to: forecasting requirements, preparing annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiates corrective actions
- Performing operational duties to maintain and expand customer base including but not limited to: contributing territory sales information and recommendations to strategic plans an reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining territory sales improvement needs; implementing changes; and producing sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for territories in support of national objectives.
- Performing leadership duties to maintain and expand the customer base including but not limited to: counseling direct reports; building and maintaining rapport with local council, region and national council employees and volunteers; identifying new customer opportunities; recruiting, selecting, orientating, training, assigning, coaching, and disciplining employees in assigned territory; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions of staff.
- Travels within assigned territory to ensure sales goals and objective are achieved. Travel is required, and at times, may exceed the estimated percentage of work time.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- External candidates: 3+ years of multi-unit retail leadership experience
- Excellent leadership skills
- Ability to effectively communicate written and verbally
- Ability to comprehend basic financial reports and Profit & Loss Statements
- Strong interpersonal and ethical behavior to manage our assets and employees
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PPT
- Ability to travel up to 60% in territory
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history via email to: [email protected]. The subject line of the email should include the words, “Territory Sales Manager – Delta Bayou”. Additional positions can be viewed on our website at: https://www.scouting.org/careers/employment-opportunities/supply