Position: Sr. Web Developer
Compensation: Exempt level position
Position location: Supply Group/Operations/Charlotte, NC
The Boy Scouts of America, Supply Office has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated, experienced Sr. Web Developer in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. This person will act as the senior developer for web projects across the BSA. They will be responsible for delivering solutions that enhance the online experience of our customers. They will design, test, develop, deploy and maintain useful, simple, consistent, user centric solutions that are available on-demand from any device.
The individual in this position:
- Responsible for:
- Customization & Integration (add-ons/extensions/modules, APIs, payment gateways, XML)
- Optimization & Compliance (quality control, versioning, staging, performance/optimization, PCI)
- Database Administration (data imports/exports/synchronization, data manipulation, backups).
- Designs, develops and implements solutions using various web development tools.
- Participates in design meetings to assist in defining architecture and choosing from available technologies.
- Work directly with internal and external stakeholders to understand requirements and communicate progress.
- Update and maintain site documentation.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders and promote a strong sense of teamwork
- Contribute to internal initiatives
- Other duties as needed
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Proven user experience expertise in content management systems and website analytics platforms.
- Strong mentoring skills to aid junior developers and an interest in making significant contributions to efforts beyond daily project work.
- Experience with source code repository/version control tools such as Git and Jenkins, JIRA development board, New Relic tools, data feeds (Facebook, Google, etc.), and exposure to AWS infrastructure preferred.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history via email to: [email protected] The subject line of the email should include the words, “Sr. Web Developer”. Additional positions can be viewed on our website at: https://www.scouting.org/careers/employment-opportunities/supply