Position: Sr. Project Manager
Compensation: FLSA Exempt
Position location: Business Processes/Operations Dept./Supply Group (Charlotte, NC)
The individual in this position will:
Be responsible for all aspects of assigned complex and/or large projects and strategic initiatives. Provides a single point of contact for all aspects of the projects. Responsible for project and strategic initiatives management from original concept through completion. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, budgets, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project strategy and design, development and implementation, communication, tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to professional project management and quality standards and deliverables. Manages the integration of vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews internal and external project team resources and deliverables. Provides technical or analytical guidance to the project team. Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis, recommendations and solutions of problems.
The individual in this position:
- Defines business problems or needs, project requirements, and deliverables for large complex projects.
- Compiles project documents such as charter, scope statement, budget, project return on investment (ROI), status report, etc.
- Works with business analysts to investigate alternative solutions, and determine the best course of action. Develops a project plan and secures agreement of project team and key stakeholders prior to proceeding.
- Builds project Work Breakdown Structures, projects schedules, budgets, and identifies resources needed.
- Monitors project scope, cost, schedule, and quality performance.
- Responsible for professional analysis and reports on project performance to the project team, owners, sponsors, and management. Anticipates, reports and resolves a range of complex problems.
- Responsible for support and administration of assigned projects and strategic initiatives. Typically oversees the work of vendors, contractors, consultants and other external personnel and resources related to the assigned project or initiative. Ensures external resource deliverables are met in accordance with specifications.
- Establishes and implements processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to quality standards and meet customer expectations.
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelors degree
- 10+ years related experience preferred
- Certified Project Management Professional (CMP) Certification preferred
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history via email to: Resume.supply@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email, should include the words, “Sr. Project Manager”. Additional positions can be viewed on our website at: https://www.scouting.org/careers/employment-opportunities/supply