Position: Merchandise Analyst
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Position location: Merchandising/NDC/Charlotte, NC
The Boy Scouts of America, Supply Group has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated, Merchandise Analyst in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
Serves as the key liaison between Merchandising, Sales and Supply Chain to maintain appropriate Distribution Center and Store inventory levels that support sales, promotions, visual merchandising and local trends. Assists the Product Manager in the development and execution of the merchandise strategy and product assortment to achieve the financial plan. In conjunction with the Product Manager, this position is responsible for the development of pre-season financial plans, and pro-active management of the day to day business for a specific product category(s).
The individual in this position will:
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, develop and execute a sound, detailed financial and assortment plan for each classification of merchandise. Manage bottom up reconciliation of unit and dollar plan roll-ups to department top down targets.
- Develop SKU level Purchase Quantities that reflect sales potential and tie to store planograms. Create and manage key items sales, purchase and inventory forecasts to maintain optimum inventory flow. Regularly reviews forecasts with Team Lead
- Accurately manage and maintain department financial forecast (OTB/rolling forecast). Identify and reacts to opportunities to increase sales, improve margin, optimize inventory, and decrease markdowns. Recommend programs for the movement of overstocked, obsolete or outdated merchandise. Develop exit strategies and manages the transition between seasons with the appropriate mix of merchandise to maximize sales and profitability.
- Replenish product in response to projected sales, factoring in marketing plans and other information provided by the Product Manager. Execute initial distributions for new products in accordance with historical sales patterns, seasonal builds, etc. Quickly reacts to fast trending items to maximize sales and minimize back orders
- Develop and provide appropriate business analysis to influence future purchases and assortment strategies. Assess past season performance and results providing insight into future plans. Continually examines product successes and failures to extract key learnings
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience in related field
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration
- Takes accountability for self-learning and development
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with various degrees of difficulty to meet deadlines
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history via email to: Resume.supply@Scouting.org. The subject line of the email should include the words, “Merchandise Analyst”. Additional positions can be viewed on our website at: https://www.scouting.org/careers/employment-opportunities/supply/