Position: Marketing Copywriter
Compensation: Exempt position
Position location: Supply Group Marketing Dept. (Charlotte, NC)
The person in this role will be responsible for writing and editing a wide array of print and digital marketing copy to ensure the scouting brand is effectively communicated across all media channels, including ecommerce platforms, social media, and in-store marketing materials. They will review copy for content, clarity, legal compliance, and merchandising integrity. They will ensure marketing message and campaigns are on-brand. They will also collaborate with designers and other key contacts in BSA departments to create written content for all aspects of the BSA’s online and store presence.
The individual in this position will:
- Concept, develop, edit, and refine copy for advertising and brand initiatives including print, signage, digital across Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer (B2C) audiences and mediums.
- Create persuasive, headlines, copy and calls-to-action for marketing campaigns across print and digital for prospect acquisition, engagement and retention; and personalize according to marketing verticals. Adjust copy to optimize conversions (online and in store)
- Write and proofread product descriptions, content and copy to be used for marketing materials and correctly apply rules of grammar and writing. Review all projects for clarity, accuracy, legal compliance and merchandising integrity.
- Collaborate with designers and other team members to create winning ad campaigns with measurable results. Work effectively and proactively as a member of the cross functional team by communicating clearly cross departmentally.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the product, target audience and competitor activities in the market
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or Journalism preferred
- 3+ years’ experience working for an ecommerce, retailer, or digital brand
- Strong understanding of Marketing and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) principles
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized and on-task while working on multiple assignments
- Strong written and communication skills; strategic and analytical thinking skills, creative writing skills required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history via email to: [email protected]. The subject line of the email should include the words, “Marketing Copywriter”. Additional positions can be viewed on our website at: https://www.scouting.org/careers/employment-opportunities/supply