Position: eCommerce Digital Designer
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Position location: NDC/Marketing Dept/ Charlotte, NC
The eCommerce Digital Designer will support the eCommerce and Marketing Departments with conceptualization and design execution of all online initiatives for the Boy Scouts of America Supply Group. This position is responsible for designing graphics for all sites, brand campaign support, site-wide product promotions, email campaigns, and dedicated interactive experiences for both desktop and mobile platforms. Ensures Corporate branding and User-Interface (UI) experience is incorporated into all design work. Works closely and collaboratively with fellow designers, copywriter, and the eCommerce team.
The individual in this position:
- Designs and develops projects from concept to production (e.g., eCommerce emails, social media assets, digital ads, interactive projects, etc.). Assists with other conceptual design projects as needed.
- Manages multiple design projects involving collaboration with cross-functional internal business partners to include design team, photography, copywriters, merchandising, and marketing.
- Drives site and digital enhancements and ideas based on industry’s best practices and/or emerging trends.
- Creates and/or drives photo art direction.
- Facilitates and participates in brainstorming sessions, design thinking, and problem-solving workshops.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 years+ work experience in eCommerce retail and/or working with content management systems (e.g. Adobe, Adobe Creative Suite, Dreamweaver, AEM, UX Design, Mobile-First, Flash, Responsive Design, motion graphics and video) may be substituted for the required education and experience.
- Must understand site optimization as it relates to design and copy and have the ability to apply knowledge of social media space, its benefits, and opportunities to work.
- Must understand online traffic and shopping metrics.
Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history via email to [email protected]. The subject line of the email should include the words, “eCommerce Digital Designer.” Additional positions can be viewed on our website at https://www.scouting.org/careers/employment-opportunities/supply/