Position: Sales Distribution Center Manager
Compensation: Exempt-level position
Position location: Beckley, WV (Arnold Logistics Center)
The Boy Scouts of America, Supply Office has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated, experienced Distribution Center Manager in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
The Arnold Logistics Center (ALC) Team Leader is responsible for distribution and logistical operations at the Boy Scouts of America’s Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve (SBR). The ALC Team Leader is responsible for all logistical support including concept and process development, planning and execution for the entire reserve. The ALC Team Leader leads managers, supervisors and employees through each phase of the distribution process for all ongoing SBR operations and supports on-site events such as the National Scout Jamboree.
The ALC Team Leader is the BSA National Supply Group’s liaison to the SBR for all operational support and supply requirements. The ALC Team Leader assists the SBR Director in the purchasing of all classes of supply and analyzes transportation costs and delivery methods to maximize value. The ALC Team Leader will work as an inclusive member of the SBR staff.
The individual in this position is responsible for:
- Proper staffing, training, performance management, and disciplinary processes
- Effectively managing and forecasting temporary labor needs while keeping payroll expense in line with the annual budget
- Meeting economical and logistical goals of the SBR
- Creating, Leading and Delivering Logistics Services for special events that can be in excess of 35,000 participants
- Carrying out multiple improvement and special projects throughout the course of the year and managing contracted third party vendors such to ensure operational success
- Designing, creating and implementing operational processes
- Transforming strategic concepts into operational plans
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- 8 years, 12 preferred, of distribution and logistics experience in the WMS environment
- 4 year college degree and/or combination of education and experience
- A love of the outdoors, a passion for building strong relationships and delivering outstanding services
- Working knowledge of supply chain management
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume and salary history via email to: Resume.supply@Scouting.org The subject line of the email should include the words, “Distribution Center Manager – Summit”. Additional positions can be viewed on our website at: https://www.scouting.org/careers/employment-opportunities/supply