Position: Computer Technician (Supply Help Desk)
Compensation: Non-Exempt Level position
Position location: Charlotte, NC
The Boy Scouts of America, Supply Office has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated, experienced Computer Technician in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
The Computer Technician’s role is to support all technical needs for the Retail Division of the Boy Scouts of America. This includes fielding incoming calls from our internal employees across the country in our retail stores, remote sales managers in the field, and employees within our distribution center location. Primary support will be fielding and resolving issues via telephone and email. Employees of the support department are held to weekly metrics based on ticket performance. Additionally, this role is the end point for most technical issues, hands on desktop support skills are required on a daily basis. Issues can range from simple password resets to replacing, configuring, and deploying desktop hardware failures.
The individual in this position will:
- Field, troubleshoot, and resolve internal customer questions/issues relating to software and hardware effectively and efficiently with a proven ability to document issues accordingly.
- Support a wide range of technical software and hardware including: Point-of-Sale software/hardware, network infrastructure, telephony systems, warehouse operations, AS400/Windows servers.
- Meet service level metrics based on average tickets opened/closed per hour, first call resolution percentage, survey response score average, etc.
- Work with peers as a team to communicate ongoing problems and issue resolutions.
- Be flexible with the work schedule. Support hours are related to the retail hours of operation. Some night and weekend shifts will be required.
- Periodically travel to new store installs and off-site events across the country to configure, install, and support all technical needs and assure the opening/event is a success.
- Participate on special assignments and long-term projects.
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- 2+ years of experience in an enterprise helpdesk and/or desktop support environment supporting remote users.
- Strong customer service and communication skills (face-to-face, phone, and email)
- Experience with basic computer hardware, including PC, servers, switches, firewalls, and routers
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 Server 2003, Server 2008, and Server 2012.
- Experience with help desk ticketing systems.
- Positive and outgoing attitude.
- Point-of-Sale support experience is a major plus.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history via email to: Resume.supply@Scouting.org The subject line of the email should include the words, “Computer Technician”. Additional positions can be viewed on our website at: https://www.scouting.org/careers/employment-opportunities/supply