Position: Associate Accountant
Compensation: Exempt Level position
Position location: Finance & Accounting/Supply Group/Charlotte, NC
The Boy Scouts of America Supply Group is searching for an Associate Accountant who will be responsible for the accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and corresponding managerial reports and financial statements.
The Associate Accountant will prepare various financial reports and/or maintain the general ledger system according to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and input/post (according to need) journal entries to the general ledger. They will recommend methods and procedures to improve accounting processes.
The individual in this position:
- Reviews and verifies journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, and/or general ledger system changes associated with any or all of accounts payable, receivable, tax, payroll, cost accounting, etc.
- Prepares standard financial reports such as balance sheets as well as special requests.
- Checks items such as journal vouchers, billing, interfaces, financial reports, etc. for accuracy
- May conduct special studies and make recommendations on accounting procedures and methods
- May assign work and give general work direction to Accounting Assistants. Monitors deadlines and resolves conflicts to ensure the timely completion of tasks and department goals.
- Coordinates and provides accounting information to other departments, locations, or business segments.
- Associate degree in Accounting w/ 3+ years’ experience; or a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 1-2+ years’ experience
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Knowledge of MS Excel including pivot tables, advanced filters, Look-ups, text to excel converter.
- Knowledge of JDA, Peoplesoft preferred. At a minimum, require the ability to learn multiple systems and understand their integration.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history via email to: Resume.supply@Scouting.org The subject line of the email should include the words, “Associate Accountant”. Additional positions can be viewed on our website at: https://www.scouting.org/careers/employment-opportunities/supply