Position: Accounts Payable & Financial Reporting Team Lead
Compensation: FLSA Exempt
Position location: NDC/Accounting/Charlotte, NC
This person is responsible for the accurate and timely payment of vendor invoices in accordance with company policy to facilitate preparation of financial statements. This ensures vendors are ready to provide goods and services the company requires. Performs financial analysis on operating results, business plans and preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and operational reports to assist with the evaluation of business results.
The individual in this position:
- Supervises accounts payable staff and oversees adherence to internal controls and policy. Monitors deadlines and resolves conflicts, ensuring that standards and processes are followed to maintain efficient operations.
- Ensures that the organization’s accounts payables are processed in a timely manner. Prepares payments for expense vouchers and invoices. Reviews all submitted invoices for proper approval.
- Oversees the preparation of standard and specialized financial reports. Ensures the accurate compilation, analysis, and reporting of accounting data meets GAAP standards. Ensures a smooth and accurate closing cycle that is critical to the timeliness of monthly financial reporting.
- Provides critical information, including forecasts and financial analysis to management.
- Responsible for the oversight and review of the annual budgeting process. Review and prepares account reconciliation consistent with accounting policies.
- Identifies problems and develops new methods to improve the accuracy and productivity of staff engaged in conducting accounting procedures. Reviews financial data and various statements to ensure accuracy.
- Acts as a liaison between the organization, the government, and outside auditors in providing the required information and ensuring that proper documentation is maintained for historical purposes.
- Represents the department in organizational meetings and provides accounting information to other departments, locations, or divisions.
- May handle vendor complaints or issues elevated for resolution.
Qualifications/ Experience: The qualified candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in Accounting field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a resume with a cover letter and salary history via email to: Resume.Supply@Scouting.org The subject line of the email should include the words, “AP & Financial Reporting Team Lead”. Additional positions can be viewed on our website at: https://www.scouting.org/careers/employment-opportunities/supply