Position: Scoutreach Executive Position
Position location: Richmond, VA
Council website: www.hovc.org
The Scoutreach Executive Selected Will
- Serve as a sight coordinator that serves youth at Mosby Court, Creighton Court, and Fairfield Court.
- Recruit youth into Scouting
- Help Scouts achieve rank advancements and work on life skill requirements.
- Build and work with a volunteer committee to grow the local Scouting Program and improve its quality.
- Plan and execute weekend outdoor activities for youth on a monthly basis.
- Recruit and support volunteers to assist with meetings and activities
- Increase program quality through retention of youth and adults, advancement and youth participation
- Serve as an ambassador of the Scouting program, always striving to deliver the mission of the program
- Flexible hours, but most hours will be between 12:00pm and 8:00 pm Monday through Friday. Weekend work is also required.
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences. Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and creative.
- Enjoys working with youth ages 5-18.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Must be willing to accept and meet the Boy Scout of America’s leadership and membership standards and subscribe to the Scout Oath and Law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Attained 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is frequently required to achieve positive objectives.
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation.
- A Scouting background is helpful but not required for employment.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
All councils are equal opportunity employers. In addition to offering a competitive salary of $36,000-$38,000 based on experience, Professional Scouting offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, short and long-term disability, accidental death, a 403(b) plan, plus compensation for authorized and approved business-related expenses to include phone and mileage reimbursement. We also offer generous vacation policy and BSA holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume with salary history to [email protected]. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
Additional information on a career as a District Executive can be found at this link: https://www.scouting.org/careers/working-with-us/essential-skills/