Position: Exploring Executive Position
Position location: San Jose, California
Council Website: www.svmbc.org
The Silicon Valley Monterey Bay Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, is currently accepting applications for the position of Exploring Executive. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to gain entry level, nonprofit experience. Exploring is the career-education program of the Boy Scouts of America, providing real life career experiences and leadership opportunities for young men and women age 14 to 21. This is a dynamic career opportunity offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, offers solid compensation, benefits, and opportunity for advancement.
This position covers our council area of Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, San Benito and Monterey counties with a concentration on Santa Clara counties.
The Exploring Executive selected will:
- Work with volunteer steering committee and other community and business leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide, and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
- Develop programs, recruit volunteers, train, fundraise, find and retain new youth through collaborative relationships.
- Expand programs to businesses, educational organizations, government agencies, and community-based organizations through volunteers.
- Grow and maintain Exploring units and membership.
- Achieve fundraising goals and income/participation objectives for events and activities.
- Ensure that all program sites are served through volunteers, regular leader meetings, training events and activities.
- Be a good role model and recognize the importance of working relationships with other professionals and volunteers.
- Provide quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
- Have a willingness and ability to work irregular hours to achieve council and district objectives.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational skills in management, budgeting, and planning.
- Committed to personal and professional productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups and interacting with diverse audiences.
- Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and creative.
- Prior experience with marketing, fundraising, and program development is a plus.
- A team player and one who can work with multiple groups to accomplish goals for Exploring.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (transcript with the date degree conferred stated is required for employment).
- Minimum 21 years of age or older unless prohibited by any applicable law.
- Ability to work varied hours when necessary, evening activities and weekend work is occasionally required to achieve positive objectives.
- Ability to travel for training at least once a year for one to two weeks.
- Be licensed and insured to drive a motor vehicle and have reliable transportation.
- Offers for employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
All councils are equal opportunity employer. In addition to offering a competitive salary of $55,000. Exploring/Learning for Life offers benefits to include major medical, prescription coverage, dental, vision, life-insurance, long-term disability, accidental death, a defined benefit retirement plan, a supplemental retirement plan plus compensation for authorized and approved business related expenses including mileage reimbursement. We also offer a generous vacation policy and ten holiday observances.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.