Position: Part Time District Para-Professional
Position location: Walla Walla County, Washington
Council Website: www.bmcbsa.org
Since 1910, Scouting has helped mold the future leaders of this country by combining educational activities and lifelong values with fun. The Boy Scouts of America believes and understands that helping youth puts us on a path towards a more conscientious, responsible, and productive society.
Today’s professional Scouters are a diverse group of men and women sharing a dynamic career offering independence, achievement, and stability. This is work that makes a difference, work that calls one to continual learning and challenge.
The Pioneer District Para-Professional will recruit, train and support adult volunteers to carry out the Scouting program. The position will have goals in fundraising, youth and adult membership recruitment (including starting new scouting units) and other performance indicators that measure the quality of the Scouting program as defined through the Journey to Excellence (JTE) standards.
The Pioneer District Para-Professional will work out of their home and spend most of their time meeting with volunteers across the district (in their own vehicle, mileage reimbursed) to support their program.
The Pioneer District Para-Professional will need to follow and uphold policies and procedures of the Boy Scouts of America and the Blue Mountain Council.
There will be times when more hours will be allotted for the Para-Professional to attend training or carry out certain functions of the job such as recruitment and fundraising.
- Weekly Meeting with supervisor (by phone)
- Weekly Key 3 Meeting (local volunteer leadership)
- Monthly Staff Meeting – Typically the last Friday of the month. (by phone or video chat)
- Monthly District Committee Meeting/Roundtable (meetings for scouting volunteers)
- Other days, week nights and weekends as needed.
- Most of the work is in the Walla Walla and surrounding areas.
- Marketing, and program development background is highly desired.
- Fund-raising or sales experience is a plus
- Comfortable with public speaking and interacting with diverse audiences.
- Excellent people skills, enthusiastic, punctual, responsible and creative.
- Self-motivated individual with solid time management skills and strong organizational planning and budgeting skills.
- Committed to personal productivity, while maintaining high ethical and professional working standards.
- High School Graduate and 21 years old or older
- Current Driver’s License
- Automobile in good condition and insured
- Ability to have high speed internet access at their home
- Good computer skills and familiar with Microsoft Office programs; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Offers of employment are subject to criminal, reference and motor vehicle background checks.
WAGES: $12.50 an hour, 20 hours a week
- Travel Reimbursement
How to apply:
Qualified candidates must submit cover letter and resume to Emilio.Avila@scouting.org only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.